Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Corn And Black Bean Salad


As the weather starts to really heat up outside, I felt it was time to share with you this refreshingly cool, tasty salad. Black beans and corn tossed with a little cider vinegar and cilantro... this salad is delicious and addicting! Matt and I love this dish, and I love to make it during the summer months. It is the perfect side for any backyard cookout; and if you serve it with a bowl of baked scoops, you'll have yourself a perfect appetizer that your friends and family will love to munch on.
Try it... and I'm certain you'll love it as much as we do! :)

Ingredients
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
3 cans of corn (White, Yellow and Mexicorn), drained and rinsed
3 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
Ground red pepper (or paprika) to taste

Directions
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cilantro, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Add corn, beans, onion and red pepper; gently mix to combine all ingredients. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Can be stored up to three days in the refrigerator.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! I love black beans, definitely going to try this recipe, thanks :D

Emily @ Life on Food on May 26, 2011 at 1:40 PM said...

I love this dish too. It's great for the summer - nice and refreshing flavors! It's definitely my go to potlouck and picnic dish of choice!

Christine's Pantry on May 26, 2011 at 3:03 PM said...

Refreshing salad. Great for summer. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing.

RavieNomNoms on May 26, 2011 at 3:34 PM said...

This looks awesome! I have always loved corn and black bean salsa/salad!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs on May 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM said...

This sounds like such a refreshing salad. I love the combination of corn and black beans, and the leftovers would make a great lunch the next day.

Bubbe Bites on June 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM said...

Wow that salsa looks great. I was wondering if I can can it? Have you ever tired?

Chef in Training on June 3, 2011 at 7:45 PM said...

YUM! This looks fantastic! I love finding new cooking blogs and I am so glad I stumbled upon yours! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would come check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 

Burn Me Not Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice